No fewer than 55 people were killed in the religious crisis that rocked Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru local government area of Kaduna State on Thursday.
The state’s Commissioner of Police, Ahmad Abdur-Rahman, made this known on Friday at a press conference.
He however said that at least 22 persons had been arrested as suspects over the crisis.
While he said that the situation had been brought under control as policemen had been drafted to the area, the police boss vowed that those involved in the violence would be made to face the music.
“Anybody that has a hand in this crisis must face the full wrath of law, we will not allow lawlessness; we remain committed to saving lives and property of every citizens,” he said.
Abdur-Rahman called on members of the public to ensure peaceful co-existence and help with useful information to arrest those behind the killings.