The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Dr Samson Ayokunle, has charged newly reconstituted Chaplaincy Committee of the National Christian Centre for regular prayers for the country against security challenges and for economic recovery.
The new committee which took off on September 27, 2021 has two years tenure while the new Coordinating Chaplain, Rev Ini Ukpuho who also doubled as the Chairman, Christian Council of Nigeria, CCN, for Northcentral has three years tenure.
In a letter of September 27, 2021 and signed by the General Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Barrister Joseph Bade Daramola, the committee was charged “to be creative in organising and handling programmes so that the aim of CAN in having the chaplaincy will be fulfilled.”
“Your committee is expected to be creative in organising and handling programmes so that the aim of CAN in having the chaplaincy will be fulfilled. You are also to involve all the blocs of CAN in the activities of the Chaplaincy and to report to the CAN President through the General Secretary who is in direct supervision of your work.
“It is anticipated that weekly services will begin the soonest where prayers will be raised regularly for the country and the people with a view to stopping the menace of security challenges occasioned by the criminal activities of terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and other men of the underworld. You should also be praying for economic recovery as the populace are crying under the yoke of economic predicaments.”
The Chaplaincy Committee members are
- Rev Ini Ukpuho – Coordinating Chaplain
- Bishop Benjamin Fuduta – Asst. Coordinating Chaplain
- Rev Dr Jonah Samson – Chaplain
- Rev Fr. Robert Achiaga – Chaplain (Treasurer)
- Rev Timothy Amacomi – Chap[lain (PRO)
- Bishop Mike Akpami – Chaplain (Secretary)
- Ven. Joshua Lambert – Chaplain
- Mrs. Felicia Jesse – Member
- Mr. Chike Eguwum – Member
- Mr. Yakubu Enekola (CM) – Member
- Rev Dr Israel Akanji – Adviser