Ad image

Hajj: Board speaks on Lagos pilgrims in Saudi Arabia

David Adenekan
David Adenekan
Hajj

Everything is going on well with Lagos pilgrims participating in the ongoing hajj exercise in Saudi Arabia, the Lagos State Pilgrims Welfare Board has announced.

The board disclosed that the first batch of the Lagos pilgrims who arrived Medina barely a week ago left the holy city on Thursday after having completed the required hajj rites in order to continue the obligatory hajj rites in Makkah as they perform Umrah.

This was revealed on Friday by the secretary of the board, Mr Ishola Rahman, during a meeting with the official of the state board.

Ishola stated that the second batch would be leaving today (Friday) for Makkah while others would follow as soon as they were through with the recommended sunnahs in Medina.

He also explained that the sixth batch which arrived Medina two days ago had been going around to visit the historical places in the city.

Some of the places visited, he said, includeed the Prophet Mosque, Raodoh, Bakeeyah, Mosjid Cuba, Sabuha Mosjid, Mosjid kiblatyn and Mount Hud alongside the martyrs’ graves.

Ishola advised the pilgrims that the major hajj rites were in Makkah hence they should maintain their health by avoiding roaming about under the harsh sun, take plenty of water and follow doctors’ advice.

He said those on medication should maintain regular usage of their drugs.

“Health is wealth, you need a lot of energy to be able to perform the major hajj rites in Makkah,” he said.

He urged the intending pilgrims to make sure that they partook in every rite, adding that anyone who did not participate in Arafat had not performed hajj.

While assuring families of pilgrims that all was well with Lagos pilgrims in the holy land, he enjoined them to pray for the pilgrims.

He added that the pilgrims were praying fervently for the nation, Lagos, families and themselves.

The board secretary commended the Babajide Olusola Sanwo Olu-led government for her moral and financial support despite the short notice since assumption of office.

He reassured the few pilgrims yet to be airlifted not to entertain any fear as their visas were ready.

He urged them to listen regularly to radio, watch television, read newspapers and also await instruction from the board official.

“Amir ul Hajj, Dr Abdul Hakeem Abdul Lateef, is also on ground to ensure the successful airlift of the remaining 25 pilgrims.”

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *