Ad image

Ekiti: Kidnapped commissioner regains freedom, reunites with family

David Adenekan
David Adenekan
Olabode Folorunso

Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture, Chief Olabode Folorunso, who was abducted by gunmen last week has regained his freedom from his abductors.

He regained his freedom unhurt and has since rejoined his family, said the Ekiti State Commissioner for Information and Values Orientation, Aare Muyiwa Olumilua, in a statement he issued.

Ekiti State government said it expressed grateful for the concern shown by members of the public during his period of incarceration.

Similarly, the government said it appreciated the effort of the security agencies in securing his release as well as ensuring the security of lives and properties on roads.

The government also expressed sympathy to the family of the late Councillor, Mr Olatunji Omotosho, who was killed by the gunmen during the abduction on April 26, 2020.

The state governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, was quoted as saying the state government was doing everything possible to rid the state of criminal elements.

He urged the people of the state to remain vigilant and report any suspicious movement/activities to the law enforcement agencies or call the state emergency lines.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *