The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said that he will unveil ‘Buhari’s Hall of Shame’.
The remark is in response to the attack on him by the Federal Government over his trip to the United States.
The hall which he said he would unveil on Sunday would showcase the scorecard of the failures, incompetence, nepotism and proclivity to harbouring indicted and other famed thieves by the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.
Atiku’s remarks were made known on Friday by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu.
- Advertisement -
The Federal Government had earlier in the day declared that it would probe Atiku over alleged involvement in the financial scam said to have led to the collapse of Bank PHB.
His words: “There is no need to worry, as we shall unveil on Sunday, January 20, 2019 “Buhari’s Hall Of Shame”. It’s a scorecard of failure, incompetence, nepotism and a President’s proclivity to harbouring indicted and other famed thieves of our patrimony. Date and venue shall be made public in due course.
“Never in the history of Nigeria have the people been subjected to the kind of unemployment level that the country is now witnessing under the All Progressives Congress (APC). It is indeed a double tragedy that a government that cannot even provide for the people is also unable to ensure their security. Having failed woefully, it is time for the Buhari-led administration and APC governments at all levels to be kicked out through the forthcoming general elections.”
Atiku said government should bury its head in shame as he was able to visit the United States despite the campaign against it.
He said it was obvious that the government had become jittery hence the decision to raise a fresh case of alleged involvement in the collapse of Bank PHB.
“It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.
“Isn’t it a shame that the ruling party whose National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole only yesterday gave official confirmation to the general belief that even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?
“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.
“It is instructive to note that the same Bank PHB is now Keystone Bank which was said to have been acquired by Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year.”
Atiku said it was obvious that Nigerians were tired of the Buhari administration and would send it packing soon.
“Tell them that their days of deceit are numbered. Nigerians are tired of them and they can no longer lie or take the people for a ride anymore,” he added.