Ad image

134 kidnap victims rescued in Kogi

Agency Report
Agency Report
Rescued victims

No fewer than 134 kidnapped victims have been rescued in Kogi State by a vigilance group, the state government has announced.

The announcement was made by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Mr Onogwu Muhammed.

In a statement issued in Lokoja on Monday, he said the rescued victims were abducted in Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and Nasarawa State.

Muhammed said that the victims were rescued during a rescue operations launched by the Kogi vigilance group in forests located in the state and some parts of Nasarawa State.

“The vigilance group had stormed the hideouts of kidnappers in the Odullo forest of Kogi and Sardauna in Nasarawa State and rescued 134 victims who were abducted from Abaji, Kuje, and Kwali in FCT, as well as Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa.

“The vigilance group, comprising 92 members who participated in the operation at Odullo Forest and Sardauna in Nasarawa State, returned and were gladly received by the chairman of the area, Mr Dauda Aliyu,” he said.

He added that Aliyu, who received the rescued victims, commended the vigilance group for their bravery and achievement.

He said that the chairman commended the Yahaya Bello administration’s support to security operatives in the state, adding that the victims had been properly reunited with their families.

“The council boss appreciated Bello for supporting the vigilantes that he said had continued to help immensely in the fight against insecurity in the state,” the press secretary said.

The statement also said that the Security Adviser to the state governor, retired Commodore Jerry Omodara, also praised the vigilance group and other security agencies in the state for their efforts in fighting crimes in the state and beyond.

Source: NAN

Share This Article