Kogi State government has vowed to do everything possible to rescue the students kidnapped by bandits on Thursday at the Confluence University of Science and Technology, CUSTECH, Kogi State.
The vow was made on Friday in a statement issued by the state’s Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Kingsley Femi Fanwo.
While announcing that nine students had so far been reported missing, the government praised local hunters and other security agents who rose stoutly to engage the kidnappers.
READ ALSO: Court admits EFCC’s bundles of documents to nail Emefiele
“Their gallantry and dedication ensured that the kidnappers did not have a field day which would have been more calamitous,” the government said, stressing that it would spare nothing in ensuring that all the students abducted were safely rescued and reunited with their families.
“We won’t submit to terror. We shall prevail,” the government said.
The government disclosed that already “hundreds of local hunters who understand the terrain as well as the conventional security agents are currently combing the area to ensure safe rescue of the abducted students who were kidnapped in the classrooms.”
The government assured students, parents and the entire people of Kogi State that it was on top of the situation and that all the abducted students would be rescued alive.
It stated that Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo had also directed that security agents be positioned around all tertiary institutions in the state.